“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question, we may then collect your name, address and email.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
- We may collect personal information from you, from time to time, in ways not described above.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with, anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We may use your personal information to send you information about HFH programs, events or annual fundraising appeals.
- We may use your personal information to acknowledge you by name and/or description of donation in certain printed materials, such as the annual report and event invitations or programs, or the organization’s website, unless Hartford Habitat’s Development Department is directed otherwise by the donor. Donors can contact Hartford Habitat’s Development Department via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 860-541-2208.
- We will use your personal information to comply with the law or regulation or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or regulation or to comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use your personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.