Volunteer with Hartford Area Habitat for Humanity
Volunteers are the heart and soul of Habitat for Humanity. Join the 4,000 volunteers who contribute over 30,000 hours each year to support Hartford Area Habitat for Humanity! Whether you’re an individual, corporate team, community group, a small group of friends, with skilled experience or not, there are many different ways for you to volunteer.
Volunteer on a Habitat Build Site
- We have several construction sites throughout Greater Hartford.
- Equipment is provided and no previous experience is necessary.
- If you are interested in more information about volunteering with Hartford Area Habitat for Humanity, we hold Information Sessions quarterly. At these sessions, we’ll provide a brief history of Habitat for Humanity, plus let you know how, when, and where you can get involved. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- It’s never been easier to book a volunteer shift with Hartford Area Habitat for Humanity. We’ve upgraded to a faster and more efficient system called Volunteer Hub. Creating a new account only takes two minutes.
- If you have any questions about our new system, contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Crew Leaders & Crew Team
- If you have a combination of construction experience, team leadership skills, and regular availability, you may be interested in becoming a Crew Leader or Crew Team member. Crew Leaders are an integral part of the Habitat mission.
- We look for high potential volunteers who would be able to motivate, teach, and lead a group of (potentially) inexperienced volunteers in a construction task for the day. Contact Ali@hartfordhabitat.org.
- We are a team of volunteers, many retired, who come out to work during the weekdays Wednesday thru Friday to help keep the build process moving throughout the year. We work under the direct supervision of a Construction Site Supervisor. Our skill sets vary a great deal, from trained carpenters to those that are simply good at taking direction. If this sounds like a potential piece of your ideal retirement plan, we would love to talk with you. The satisfaction you derive is priceless and the people you spend your day with will make you smile.
- To learn more contact Ryan Gorecki at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-541-2208 x2201.
Corporate & Business Builds
- Spending a day on a Habitat build is a great way for companies, community organizations, or a group of friends to help make the dream of homeownership a reality for families living in need. What better way to learn the value of team building, co-operation, and leadership than by working with your co-workers and peers on a Habitat build site? Through our CorporateBuilds program, we offer an innovative team building experience.
- Contact Christina@hartfordhabitat.org or at (860) 541-2208 x 2206 for more information.
- Do you like hanging out at your local hardware store? Are you interested in customer service? Or are you looking for a way to complete your student volunteer hours? Join our ReStore communities that sell new and gently-used renovation and household material. Volunteers assist with preparing merchandise for resale, receiving donations, and customer service.
- To get started, call Ann at 860-519-0828 or email@example.com
Partner with A Family
- Hartford Area Habitat for Humanity provides a mentor partner to each of our families. This partner walks the prospective homeowner through the Habitat program. This is a rewarding opportunity to support a new family as they aim for homeownership.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 541-2208 x 2215
- Hartford Habitat will host Youth Engagement Program in April 2018. Join us the week of April 22, 2018
- Become advocate with Habitat for Humanity. Build awareness in your community about poor living conditions through events that will educate, engage and empower. To get started, call Ryan at 860-541-2208 ext. 2201.